Welcome to Anguline Research Archives...
Old and rare books on CD or as a Digital Download for local and family historians at an affordable price - FREE postage worldwide...
Anguline Research Archives have pleasure in bringing to the researcher looking for their ancestry a wide range of sources that include:
- PARISH REGISTERS: Parish Registers commence in 1538 - they contain baptism, marriage and burial information. At various times, parish registers may also contain birth and death details, as required by various Acts of Parliament.
- SCHOOL AND COLLEGE REGISTERS: School and College registers often contain biographical information about the students including later employment information.
- DIRECTORIES: Directories
provide useful information for the researcher such as the address and occupation
of the person and often a brief history and description of the location
they lived in.
- LOCAL HISTORY AND TOPOGRAPHY: Such books describe the history of the places and the environment our ancestors lived in. Subjects often essential to understand our ancestors' lives.
- WILLS: Wills provide the researcher with confirmation of the lifestyle of ones ancestor and may provide details of their family and friends.
- STUDY AIDS: These range from dictionaries (slang and archiac words), through handwriting styles, names and surnames, to heraldry and magazines.
- MAPS: Maps are an excellent resource to aid the researcher, they not only locate ones ancestor's home but enable the researcher to trace their likely employment, routes to market, neighbours etc.
Plus many more excellent and unusual printed resources from medieval times up to the 20th century to help with your research.
Our CDs and Scanning...
An example of our high-quality scans (Whitkirk parish register, Yorkshire) and CD designs. All CDs are packaged in sturdy cases with covers designed to resemble a book.
To read more about Anguline Research Archives and our CDs, please visit the About Us and Examples pages.
Most Anguline Research Archives CDs are compatible
with Text to Speech software such as Adobe Acrobat's "speech out loud"
Most Anguline PDF files are compatible with E-book readers such as
Sony PRS505 and Kindle etc. They can also be read on Tablets such as I-Pad
and even smart phones such as the Blackberry Curve
Click red text below to
be taken to the relevant page.
of the Churches of the Chapel Royal, St. James & Swallow Street,
Published in 1924.
The register for the Chapel Royal, St. James contains Baptisms
and Marriages 1700 to 1756.
Also includes Temoignages & Reconnaissances.
The register for the Swallow Street contains Baptisms and Marriages
1690 to 1709.
Plus an Index of names.
Also includes Reconnaissances Ajurations and Catechumens.
Plus an Index of names for both churches.
of the Churchwardens of St. Martin's, Leicester.
Published in 1884.
The Accounts of the Churchwardens of St. Martin's, Leicester,
1489 - 1844.
Nichols extracts of Accounts from 1489 to 1513
Full transcripts of Accounts from 1544 to 1566
Copious extracts of Accounts from 1566 to 1644
Nichols extracts of Accounts from 1645 to 1737
Extracts from original documents from 1744 to 1844
Plus an Index of Names and a General Index
Historic Stillbirth Register
is an ongoing project with more records being added each day.
The coverage varies considerably between parishes counties and
The database covers entries between the years 1551 and 2005
; though does not claim to be an exhaustive list of such stillbirths.
It should be noted that to be included in this database the
entry must either be noted as a stillbirth, born dead or abortive
The CD contains both a pdf file of the Historic Stillbirth Register
and an Excel database of the register saved as a .xls file
The Parish Registers of Woodmancote includes
Baptisms, Marriages and Burials, 1582 to 1812
With indexes of Names, Places & Occupations, etc..
Also Includes lists of Churchwardens, Overseers & Waywardens
Parish Registers of Watermillock, Cumberland.
Baptisms, Marriages & Burials 1579-1812.
With indexes of Names, Places & Trades & Churchwardens,
The Parish Register of Matterdale, Cumberland, 1634 - 1720.
Published in 1908.
to Write a History of a Parish : An outline guide to topographical
An excellent and informative book for the genealogist and local
Etymology and Maps; Prehistoric Remains; Anglo-Saxon Remains;
The Norseman and the Dane; History of the Manor; Civil or Domestic
Architecture; Personal History; Parochial Records; History of
the Church; Religious Houses and finally General Topics followed
by an eight page index.